Today I went on a trip with some of the other med student spouses to Middleham Falls and Titou Gorge. It was so beautiful! I am again thankful for my keen shoes that I brought. We first hiked to Middleham Falls. It was about a 45 minute hike one way through the rainforest. There was lots of walking up hill, up steps, and sometimes climbing. It was worth it though. When we finally made it to the falls it started to rain, but that didn't stop us from taking a dip in the water. It was freezing! The waterfall was also very powerful. When I went down into the water I could hardly see a thing from all the spray. I wish I would of brought along a waterproof camera with me. Some of the other girls with waterproof cameras are going to post the pics on Facebook. This waterfall is supposedly the tallest waterfall on the island and is located in the Morne Trois Pitons National Park. After the hike back to the bus we went to Ti Tou Gorge. Again, some of the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was filmed here. The water was freezing but refreshing. I couldn't bring my camera because you have to swim inside the gorge to the waterfalls. It was so neat and beautiful. I can't wait to go back! I am sure I will be sore tomorrow. My legs were still shaking by the time I got home.
Here's a link to give you more info about the area:
Later on in the week I plan to go snorkeling. I hope it doesn't rain!
Here are some pics from the hike:
No comments:
Post a Comment