We are still waiting on getting the renters license to rent out our house. It takes a while with Mankato. The city did send us a letter telling us that they want to make sure that we are renting to a family. I suppose they don't want us to rent our house out to a bunch of college kids. Well, we don't want to do that either. It's a new house and we don't want it ruined! I think we will take it off of the market for 90 days after it is rented out and then put it on again so it shows as a new listing. I will feel so much better when it gets rented!
Being here has made me realize how expensive it is to live in Dominica. When we first got here we went to buy some baby wipes. They were 1.97 for some Huggies wipes. The same thing would cost about 30 EC in Dominica. Later I went and bought a big box of Pampers diapers. The same brand and box size in Dominica would cost 107 EC and it is 19.97 at Wal-Mart. So needless to say we will be shipping the diapers and wipes when we leave. I wish Alex would get potty trained but she has no interest in it right now. We miss the weather in Dominica too. Right now the only time we go outside is to run to our car or run into a building. It's too cold to be outside.
Here are some of the latest pictures from the last week. It is a slideshow but if you click on the pics it will open up our picasaweb page:
No comments:
Post a Comment