Alex and Zoe had such a great time! We saw lots of beautiful birds up close! They got to pet some big tortoises and baby kangaroos. We also saw a tiger show and a cute to creepy show where they showed monkeys and snakes. The kids really loved the shows! One bummer though was that someone stole our stroller as we watched the second show! Luckily we we're able to get another one. The park was a little smaller than I expected and I also felt the ticket prices we're a little high. But the park was packed full of people so I guess the ticket prices don't keep people from coming. I'm sure it helps being near a cruise ship port.
Today we drove to Little Havana and stopped at a cafe for some Cuban coffee. Cuban coffee is basically just espresso with cream and sugar in it. Very strong and very good! Little Havana in Miami is also referred to as Calle Ocho-- since it is located on 8th street. Today was also the first time I encountered someone who didn't speak English so I got to practice my Spanish speaking skills. After Little Havana we drove to Little Haiti. Little Haiti was not so pretty. It looked like a very depressed area. So we decided not to stop there. We headed up to Broward County and stopped at a Korean market in Sunrise, Florida. Lily, another Ross spouse here had told me about it and had picked me up some thinly sliced pork. Keith loved it so much that I had to go back and pick up a bunch more. Now that is all he wants to eat everyday of the week!
Afterwards we headed home and I took the kids to the park for a while. Then Alex got to go to Grandpa and Nanna's hotel room for a sleepover with Zoe. I hope she gets enough sleep tonight!!
I took a ton of pictures from the last day. Click below for pictures:
![]() |
| Jungle Island- Miami florida |

No comments:
Post a Comment