Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Beach Bum Alex

Here's Alex at the Ross University Pool.  She has been having a lot of fun there lately.  A few weekends ago we were there the whole day.  Last weekend we went back for a "Kids day at the pool" gathering.  Today after lunch Alex and I went back.  We were there for about three hours.  Alex is getting more comfortable with the water and is jumping to me from the side and she is letting me carry her around the pool.  Today we played "Ring Around the Rosie" about a million times. 

She is also becoming a bilingual little girl.  Well, she has always been learning a second language different exchange students we have had living with us.  She used to say "Wan An"- Chinese for- "Good Night".  Unfortunately, she has already forgotten that.  I still say it to her but not often enough for her to remember.  Now, everyday on our way to daycare she stops to say hello, or "bon jour" to the women that work at the shacks near our house.  We stop there after daycare, on our way home for lunch, and she says good-bye, or "Au Revoir".  She is saying it all the time now.  

Keith has been spending all of his time studying!  I have been snorkeling about once a week and go to the gym as much as I can.  I have gone the gym everyday this week and plan to go snorkeling tomorrow.  I always tease Keith and tell him how stressed out I am living here!  

We can't wait to come home!  December 18th at 7am our flight leaves Dominica.  We arrive in Minneapolis around 10pm that night.  I'm so glad we can get home in one day.

No comments: