
Today is the first Primary Pulmonary Hypertension Awareness Blogging Day! Tuesday, November 18th. So I decided to put a link in my blog today for Evelyn's Caringbridge website:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/evelynkeltgen
At about six weeks old she was diagnosed with PPH (primary pulmonary hypertension). And has been undergoing many tests and procedures throughout her life. She is currently seeing doctors at the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, MN and in Denver, Co.At the time I had no idea what PPH was. I don't think I can explain it either so here are a few websites that explain it:
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4752
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_hypertension
http://www.phassociation.org/
The last link is the Primary Hypertension Awareness website.
Unfortunately, Alex hasn't had a chance to play with Evelyn a lot because they need to keep her away from other children for the first few years of her life. It is much harder on her if she gets sick. So she does not go to daycare and they have to have a home nurse come in. Hopefully, Alex will get a chance to play with her in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment