One of the things I miss about Dominica is walking. I walked everywhere because we didn't have a car. If you know me, you know that I have my camera with me everywhere I go. So in Dominica I would stop and take a picture of one of the many rainbows I saw, or maybe a cow in the drive-thru of the KFC. Unfortunately, here in Miami, I can't do that because I'm driving.
I drive by this "Caution Manatee Area" sign everyday (and I drive by slowly because there is so much traffic here!). There is a sign on both sides of the bridge and many of the homes in the area have boats docked in this area. Everytime I drive by I always try to look for Manatee's but since I'm driving I'm never there long enough to take a good look. Keith and Jason drive by there when they have to go to the Hyatt for class and Keith is always the passenger and he tells me he has seen them. He see's them all the time!
So today when I took Alex to school I stopped (because of traffic) and took a picture. I only have few days left here so I hope I get to see one!
If your unfamiliar about Florida's Manatee's-- here's a website:
http://www.defenders.org/wildlife_and_habitat/wildlife/manatee.php#

No comments:
Post a Comment