Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pinkalicious




Alex's new favorite book is Pinkalicious! Pinkalicious is a story of a girl who loves the color pink! Pinkalicious and her mom make pink cupcakes and because Pinkalicious eats too many cupcakes she turns pink! And the only way to get back to normal is to eat things that are green.

So today we decided to have a "Pinkalicious day" and made cupcakes. We used white cake mix and put food coloring in it and then put some pink frosting on it with little red sprinkles to finish them off. Then we decided to eat a pink cupcake before eating lunch! Luckily Alex still ate her lunch.

I just found out that there will be a showing of Pinkalicious at the Stages theatre in Hopkins starting April 29th, 2011. I doubt we will be living in Minnesota at that time. Maybe we'll have to make a trip back just to see the play!

In other news, Alex and I will be going to visit Keith in Chicago next week. I will leave later in the day on Sunday and drive there. Keith doesn't have his Kaplan course on Monday so we want to make it there on Sunday. I know Alex is so excited to see daddy and daddy is excited to see us. He doesn't have a car while he is there so he has basically been stuck in the hotel the whole time. So I think he's ready to get out and about and see the city. We plan to go to the observation deck of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) and I hear the Millennium Park is a cool place so we might have to check that out too.

2 comments:

The Fredericks said...

you are such a fun mom! I love it :)

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

We have never read that book, but I bet Kenley would LOVE it! It sounds so cute!