Alex had a fun week with visiting friends. She went swimming with her friend, Hayley. She liked the kiddie pool but was too scared to go into the big pool. My friend Janet and Justin also have two other girls, Ola and Katia, that they adopted from Ukraine. Those girls put on a diving show for us. I will try to upload some video I took on youtube later on. The closest she got to wanting to get in was the steps. Later on in the week she went to see Granny (Keith's mom) with her cousin, Kaylee. Kaylee just turned two, and Alex always has fun playing with her. She also got lots of yummy treats at Grannys. On Friday, We met up with Megan and her mom, Sarah, at the Mall of America. They went on lots of rides together (of course the mom's had to go with because the girls were too small) and Alex especially loved the Diego's Rescue Bus ride. The bus ride was the scariest for Megan and I don't think she liked it too much. We all had dinner at Napa Valley Grill, a nice restaurant in the mall, where the girls made a huge mess of the table and surrounding area. We had to leave a nice tip to the staff for cleaning up that mess. Then on Saturday Alex got to go over to Beth's house for a last night of fun with her best friend. Alex was very upset when it was time to go!
On Saturday morning Sarah and I ran in a 5k. There was a whopping 35 runners. Which was the smallest race Sarah and I have ever ran. I was a little worried seeing as how I haven't ran in a while and everyone looked like they were in great shape. The course was tough. It was in a park and there were lots of hills! Too many hills! We finished in 32 minutes. Which wasn't so bad considering the amount of hills.
Alex and I are leaving for Dominica on Wed. Our house still isn't sold yet. We are worried about that. I am thinking that if it isn't sold by the time we come home for Christmas I will have to stay back and work. It is expensive to keep a house when neither of us are working. We have to keep the electricity on because we have a finished basement with a sump pump that goes off about every hour and we have to have the gas on to heat the house so the pipes don't freeze. It just all adds up.
Click HERE for new pictures.
1 comment:
Have a safe trip tomorrow, I can't wait to read about what you think of Dominica and how Alex did on the flight.
I was sorry to hear about the house, what a pain. I hope it sells by December so you and Alex can stay with your hubby and be there when we are there. I know Aidan and Alex will have a blast playing together.
Post a Comment