Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Batibou Beach/Hampstead Bay

Today (tuesday), there was an outing to Batibou Beach, also known as Hampstead Bay. It's a white sand beach on the atlantic side of Dominica. It was so beautiful. Especially when you see it from above. Apparantly a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed at this location. I don't even remember the movie but now I would like to see it again. On our walk down we saw some bay leaves that we picked and as a snack we had a coconut. It is so amazing that we had this whole beach to ourselves. It is so beautiful and so nice that there aren't any big resorts lining the coast of this island. As we were winding down the day it started to rain then it poured! I guess it is inevitable. It rains here everyday! I can't wait until the rainy season ends in November. Here is a link to a website that shows the location of the Pirates of the Caribbean movie in Dominica:
When you move the curser over the blue dots it gives you information what scene in the movie is shot there.

I have found my new favorite website:
http://www.supercook.com/
At supercook.com you can type in the ingredients you have in your kitchen and it will find recipes that use the ingredients. So a few nights ago I made corn soup. Something that Alex now likes is warm tortillas with peanut butter and slices of bananas. She had two of those yesterday. This website is especially nice for living on this island as it is hard to find a lot of ingredients.

Keith has been studying a lot. He has his first exam on Monday. They call it a "mini" and it covers every subject.

Click below for some new pictures:
2008-09-30 Batibou Beach
Posted by Picasa

No comments: