Search

Custom Search

Monday, November 23, 2009

Morne Anglais

Here is a view of Morne Anglais when I was coming home from our Boiling Lake Hike. I knew I wanted to hike that when I saw it. Victor, our tour guide we used, said he has done it and it takes half the time to hike than Morne Diablotin. So today me and five other girls hired Victor to hike with us to the top of Morne Anglais.

I wore my tennis shoes because I knew it would be muddy, then decided to change into my Keen's and wear socks. I'm glad I did, because my tennis shoes would of been ruined! We parked next to the Giraudel Primary School and started our hike from there. We hiked up a steep road and then went into the forest. Right before going into the forest we were greeted by a cow. I always find it amusing that there are cows in the most odd spots. Then we hiked past a water catchment system and then back into the rainforest. Soon, we found ourselves in an open area where there some more cows! Interesting spot to find cows- I'll call them "mountain cows". Then we went back into the rainforest where we spent the next one and a half hours climbing. It was extremely muddy and full of what the locals call "razor grass"! They call it razor grass because it cuts you! I can attest to that. I now have scrapes everywhere-- my hands, legs, arms! It was so muddy, that my shoes would get stuck in the mud and I would have to reach down and find them and put them back on. Glad I wore socks (which are now in the garbage)!

The view was amazing when we finally got to the top! I had a great view of Roseau and Grand Bay. We sat and ate our lunch we packed and enjoyed the beautiful view. Click below for pictures:

2009-11-23 morne anglais, dominica

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://rastimores.net/][img]http://akreoplastoes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]windows vista service pack 2, [url=http://akreoplastoes.net/]were to buy software[/url]
[url=http://rastimores.net/][/url] cheap windows xp pro buy dreamweaver cs2
Premium Mac Retail Price [url=http://rastimores.net/]microsoft office 2007 enterprise blue edition torrent[/url] coreldraw thumbnail
[url=http://rastimores.net/]discount educational software net[/url] xp pro oem software
[url=http://rastimores.net/]buy cheap softwares[/url] windows vista black
free autocad hatch patterns [url=http://rastimores.net/]nero 7[/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://vioperdosas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]microsoft office 2003 serial, [url=http://sapresodas.net/]sales service software[/url]
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]free filemaker pro 9 templates[/url] office suite software windows vista screenshots
www microsoft software [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]web sales software[/url] discount software australia
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]wholesale adobe photoshop cs2 for mac[/url] alphabetical order software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]free acdsee viewer version 5[/url] is it legal to buy oem software
adobe photoshop cs3 for beginners cd dvd [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]software developers canada[/url][/b]