I had mentioned in an earlier post that we received a call from a church preschool where we had Alex's name on a waiting list. They had an opening so Keith and I went in to take a look at the place and signed Alex up. Luckily I had already received her immunization records from Mankato and Miami so all I had to do was go to the department of health so they could fill out a form and she was set to go.
Alex had her first day today! She was so excited to go to school with her new Littlest Pet Shop lunch pack. She had no problem leaving me and didn't cry a bit. I think I was the one with separation anxiety. When I picked her up her teacher told me that she did great and a few of the girls gave her a hug good-bye. We ended up stopping by the park on the way home and ran into her little school friends again. Alex had so much fun at the park that she didn't want to leave!
Keith has now started his second week of Nephrology. The other day he got to see someone with calciphylaxis. Apparantly this is something you get from kidney dialysis. He thought that was pretty interesting and a great learning experience. After this week he will be heading to Dekalb Hospital to continue his Internal Medicine rotation which he is very happy about because he won't be spending so much time in the car.

1 comment:
How fun! I am so glad it worked out for Alex to go to that school and for Keith to get his rotations closer to home. Sounds like everything is just wonderful out there for you guys! Can't wait to join you very soon :)
Post a Comment