Search

Custom Search

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Savannah, Georgia

This past weekend I spent in Savannah, Georgia with friends, Lily, Devin, and Courtney.  Devin found this fabulous condo for the weekend that was located in the perfect part of town.  We were able to walk to the restaurants and shopping.
Our first order of business on Saturday morning was to wait in line for reservations at Paula Deen's restaurant, The Lady and Sons.  After we made reservations for lunch we walked around downtown Savannah and checked out the shops and great parks.  Downtown Savannah is so beautiful!  I love all the square parks.

Lunch at Paula Deen's was a little disappointing, or maybe I am just not used to southern food.  I had fried green tomatoes, collard greens, fried chicken, fried pancake, fried cheddar biscuit, creamed corn, and sweet tea!  It was a ton of food and way too much grease!  It did not agree with me and if I ever make it back to Savannah I will not be going back to this place.

This is just one of the small parks in Savannah!  Love the parks!  We spent the whole day shopping and visiting parks and then went to a spa for a facial. :)
On Sunday we decided to walk around the historic riverfront area and then catch brunch before heading home.  I have posted pics to facebook so check there for more pictures.  I am super tired or I would write more!  I am headed for bed.

2 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! What a lovely girl's weekend getaway! :)

The Fredericks said...

How FUN! gorgeous and I wish I was there with you ;)